|Medvedev: Peace Won’t Prevail in Syria as long as Western Countries Continue Supplying Arms to Gunmen|
Nov 14, 2012
MOSCOW, (SANA) – Russian Prime Minister, Dmitry Medvedev, stressed that his country’s stance about the crisis in Syria is quite known, as it calls for sitting at the dialogue table and agreeing on a political solution to the crisis and halting the violence.
Medvedev clarified in statements to Finnish media outlets on the eve of his visit to Finland that peace will not prevail in Syria as long as some western countries continue calling for the Syrian President to leave office and supplying arms to the gunmen.
The Russian premier expressed his regret that some countries take unilateral stances as they ask certain sides to step down immediately while tend to arm the other sides, stressing that Russia views these stances as incorrect.
Medvedev pointed out that the crisis in Syria cannot be solved in such a manner, warning that this approach will lead to dismembering Syria.
He highlighted that the events that have taken place in the Middle East and North Africa over the past two years did not bring peace or stability to the region.
R. Milhem/ H. Said
- 6000 Terrorists in US-Controlled al-Tanf
- US FAA Extends Embargo on Damascus International Airport (DAM)
- Obama-Cum-Trump Regime ‘Coalition’ Bombs Hajin, Again
- Syria News: Let There Be Light & Reopening of Factories
- The Poisonous Chemical Projectiles Fired on Aleppo were Produced and Modified by French Experts
- SAA Eliminates a Terrorist Group in Hama’s Northern Countryside
- Turkey Ships More Drones to Idlib; Why Not Ship the UN There, Too?
- Syria’s New Budget 2019 Passed by the Syrian Parliament
- Syrian Refugees Defy UN, EU Demands, Continue to Return Home
- Security Officers Discover Large Stash of Weapons & Munition South of Syria
- […] The Russian ministry called on the United States to… Continue reading: https://www.syrianews.cc/6000-terrorists-usa-controlled-al-tanf/ […]
- I think this Syria News articles was one of the best-written articles I've ever read. Kudos to the author! It…
- […] Guess who armed the ‘non-state actors’ with anti-aircraft weapons? No other than the… Continue reading: https://www.syrianews.cc/damascus-airport-faa-embargo/ […]