UN Renews Demand that Israel Rescind Its Decision to Annex Occupied Golan, Comply with UNSC Resolution 497
Nov 16, 2012
NEW YORK,SANA_ The United Nations renewed its demand that Israel comply with the international legitimacy resolutions, particularly the UN Security Council Resolution No. 497 which considers Israel’s decision to impose its laws, jurisdiction and administration in the occupied Syrian Golan as” null and void and without international legal effect.”
The UN demand came on Thursday during adopting a draft resolution entitled “the Occupied Syrian Golan” by the UN General Assembly’s ‘Fourth Committee’, the Special Political and Decolonization Committee.
The resolution demanded Israel immediately to rescind its decision to annex the Golan, considering all the legislative and administrative measures and procedures which Israel took and will take to change the character of the occupied Golan as null and void and a flagrant violation of the international law and the Geneva Convention pertaining to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War without any legal effect.
” Israel is also demanded to stop imposing the Israeli nationality and the Israeli ID cards on the Syrian citizens in the occupied Golan and to halt its suppressive measures taken against the Golanese, “the resolution included.
The resolution denounced the Israeli violations of the Geneva Convention regarding the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, renewing call upon the UN member states not to recognize any of the measures and procedures inconsistent with the international law Israel has taken in the occupied Golan.
Following the passing of the resolution, Syria’s Permanent Representative to the UN Bashar al-Jafari offered, in a statement, thanks to the delegations which voted in favor of the resolution, calling on the countries which abstained from voting to reconsider their stance before the resolution is to be adopted by the UN General Assembly.
” Today, the member states have sent a clear message to Israel to end its occupation and immediately stop violations of human rights and international humanitarian law, including Fourth Geneva Convention for 1949,” al-Jaafari said. He added that the overwhelming majority vote in favor of the draft resolution on the occupied Syrian Golan confirms once again that the Israeli authorities’ attempt to annex the occupied Syrian Golan, build and to expand the settlements in it and the rest of the illegal actions carried out by the Israeli occupation authorities are null and void and have no legal effect.
161 countries voted in favor of the draft resolution. 35 countries contributed in presenting it which confirms the big international support to the issue of Syria’s full restoration of the occupied Syria Golan to the June 4, 1967 line.
- Jaafari to UN: Syria Will Foil Schemes of Assassins of International Law
- SAA Foils Terrorists Infiltrations and Attacks in Northern Hama Province
- Syria Resumes its Great River Project in Hama
- Syrian Red Crescent Distributes 8800 Food Baskets in Tafas City
- 6000 Terrorists in US-Controlled al-Tanf
- US FAA Extends Embargo on Damascus International Airport (DAM)
- Obama-Cum-Trump Regime ‘Coalition’ Bombs Hajin, Again
- Syria News: Let There Be Light & Reopening of Factories
- The Poisonous Chemical Projectiles Fired on Aleppo were Produced and Modified by French Experts
- SAA Eliminates a Terrorist Group in Hama’s Northern Countryside
- […] SAA units retaliated to an attack by the… Continue reading: https://www.syrianews.cc/saa-foils-terrorists-attacks-hama/ […]
- […] Hama Second Water project will provide 4 times the current levels of fresh drinking water and will supply the…
- […] ’37 trucks loaded with 8800 food baskets were delivered by the SARC teams in the city of Tafas and…