According to Syria’s al-Baath newspaper, Qatar’s measure has created tumult in Lebanon, specially after Doha voiced support for Hassan Qaterchi, an Islamist sheikh, who soon turned from the head of an unknown religious group into the chairman of Muslim scholars of Lebanon, thanks to the Qatari government’s financial and media supports.
Qatar’s support for extremist groups and religious figures opposing the Syrian government and the resistance in Lebanon is not limited to a specific task to group as Doha also provides financial support for extremist Salafi groups in Lebanon to stir more tension and insecurity in Syria.
Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011 with organized attacks by well-armed gangs against Syrian police forces and border guards being reported across the country.
Hundreds of people, including members of the security forces, have been killed, when some protest rallies turned into armed clashes. The government blames outlaws, saboteurs, and armed terrorist groups for the deaths, stressing that the unrest is being orchestrated from abroad.
Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Turkey along with the US, have been supporting terrorists and rebel groups in Syria and have practically brought a UN peace initiative into failure to bring President Assad’s government into collapse.
Earlier this month, Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jabr al-Thani admitted that his country is interfering in Syria’s internal affairs by supporting terrorists and sending weapons to them.
“Declaring a no-fly-zone and providing safe passages for assistance (to terrorists in Syria) is amongst the most important priorities of Qatar,” al-Thani told the CNN.
He also called on the international community to help armed rebels in Syria, adding that such a move doesn’t need the permission of the UN Security Council.
Qatari and Saudi rulers want an overthrow of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, a staunch ally of Iran, and they have taken every measure to this end.
In his latest remarks against Syria, the Emir of Qatar called on the Arab nations to form a political and military coalition to intervene in Syria, posing a direct challenge to UN efforts to resolve the conflict through negotiations.
- SAA Foils Terrorists Infiltrations and Attacks in Northern Hama Province
- Syria Resumes its Great River Project in Hama
- Syrian Red Crescent Distributes 8800 Food Baskets in Tafas City
- 6000 Terrorists in US-Controlled al-Tanf
- US FAA Extends Embargo on Damascus International Airport (DAM)
- Obama-Cum-Trump Regime ‘Coalition’ Bombs Hajin, Again
- Syria News: Let There Be Light & Reopening of Factories
- The Poisonous Chemical Projectiles Fired on Aleppo were Produced and Modified by French Experts
- SAA Eliminates a Terrorist Group in Hama’s Northern Countryside
- Turkey Ships More Drones to Idlib; Why Not Ship the UN There, Too?
- […] SAA units retaliated to an attack by the… Continue reading: https://www.syrianews.cc/saa-foils-terrorists-attacks-hama/ […]
- […] Hama Second Water project will provide 4 times the current levels of fresh drinking water and will supply the…
- […] ’37 trucks loaded with 8800 food baskets were delivered by the SARC teams in the city of Tafas and…