The Chinese Global Times newspaper stressed that gunmen from East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM), which operates in Xinjiang region to the west of China, are fighting along with the armed terrorist groups in Syria.
According to a source from China’s anti-terrorism authority, the newspaper said in an article published on Monday that members of the ETIM and East Turkestan Education and Solidarity Association (ETESA) have been going to Syria since May and “linking up with organizations like Al Qaeda to fight against the Syrian government.”
“ETIM is being helped by Al Qaeda and they are collecting funds through drug and gun trafficking, kidnapping and robbery,” the source told the Global Times.
He continued as saying that ETIM selects and recruits “separatists, criminals and terrorists” to receive “secret terrorism training”.
“After receiving orders from Al Qaeda, terrorists from China came to Syria to meet with jihadists already on the ground before forming groups on the frontlines,” the source was quoted as saying.
The Security Council included in 2009 the ETIM in the list of terrorist organizations fighting against the Chinese government to separate Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region from China.
Seeking to achieve this objective, the Movement has carried out several terrorist operations which claimed the lives of many civilians and military members.
- SAA Foils Terrorists Infiltrations and Attacks in Northern Hama Province
- Syria Resumes its Great River Project in Hama
- Syrian Red Crescent Distributes 8800 Food Baskets in Tafas City
- 6000 Terrorists in US-Controlled al-Tanf
- US FAA Extends Embargo on Damascus International Airport (DAM)
- Obama-Cum-Trump Regime ‘Coalition’ Bombs Hajin, Again
- Syria News: Let There Be Light & Reopening of Factories
- The Poisonous Chemical Projectiles Fired on Aleppo were Produced and Modified by French Experts
- SAA Eliminates a Terrorist Group in Hama’s Northern Countryside
- Turkey Ships More Drones to Idlib; Why Not Ship the UN There, Too?
- […] SAA units retaliated to an attack by the… Continue reading: https://www.syrianews.cc/saa-foils-terrorists-attacks-hama/ […]
- […] Hama Second Water project will provide 4 times the current levels of fresh drinking water and will supply the…
- […] ’37 trucks loaded with 8800 food baskets were delivered by the SARC teams in the city of Tafas and…