Foreign Minister al-Muallem: Attack on Syria serves the interests of Israel.
According to a recent statement by the United Nations (UN), the chemical weapons inspectors in the Syrian capital Damascus have delayed their second visit to several suburbs of the capital in Syria by one day because of safety reasons. Probably understandable after a sniper fired at a vehicle of the UN chemical weapons inspectors near Damascus yesterday.
However, earlier statements said that the chemical investigation by the UN team of experts in Syria will be continued today.
But it seems now that the chemical investigation in suburbs of the Syrian capital (e.g. Jobar / al-Ghouta) is postponed by the UN due to safety reasons and that the chemical inspectors will again begin with their investigation whether chemical weapons have been used around August 21/22 in e.g. Jobar near the capital Damascus tomorrow. Of course, in addition to the other three places where the investigations by the UN inspectors will take place within the next days.
Meanwhile, the known Syrian Foreign Minister, Walid al-Muallem, spoke about the Western war threats against Syria in a news conference in the Syrian capital Damascus today. While Syria’s Foreign Minister said that the military threats against his country are based on lies, he also stated that any military strike on Syria will only serve the interests of the Israeli regime in the Middle East.
According to Walid al-Muallem, the Syrian Foreign Minister, the war effort led by Washington and its allies and proxies in the region will “serve the interests of Israel and secondly the al-Nusra Front (Jabhat al-Nusra).” Syria’s Foreign Minister further said that these Western governments and their regional proxies have “targeted the unity among the Syrian people” and also the Syrian army by “threatening Damascus with a military attack.”
These statements by Walid al-Muallem were followed by the correct accusation of the US Secretary of State, John Kerry. The Syrian Foreign Minister accused the U.S. Secretary of State, John Kerry, of lying about the use of chemical weapons by the units of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and asked for the alleged evidence in the hands of Washington and Britain for these baseless claims.
This is the same question the Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has. The Russian Minister already said that there is no evidence for the use of chemical weapons by the units of the Syrian army and that the Western governments shall provide their evidence.
Washington and Britain have previously stated that they have evidence for their accusations against the Syrian government. However, they did not present their alleged evidence until now.
Walid al-Muallem has again rejected the accusations by these Western governments and the baseless reports by the Western mass media in terms of the use of chemical weapons at this news conference in the Syrian capital today.
The Syrian Foreign Minister also said as a response to the stupid statements that government forces have already eliminated all traces of the chemical attack (e.g. in Jobar, a suburb of Damascus) that the units of the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) “cannot do this because those areas are controlled by the militants fighting against the Syrian government.”
Walid Muallem went on and said that the Syrian government has cooperated fully with the inspectors of the United Nations (UN) and if there is a purpose of a possible foreign military strike on Syria in order to achieve a so-called balance of power, this purpose is “delusional and not at all possible.”